Re: ISP's who assign unrouteable addresses

Henry,

Tunneling is a great idea.  However, while great in theory, there are
practical problems to this:

	1) There aren't many ISPs that will act as a tunnel endpoint.
In fact, I haven't been able to find any myself, and was considering
starting one on my own just for this purpose.  There is a limit to the
number of 'greasible' IP Addresses available.

	2) When you tunnel, you take the added latency hits of packets
going from you to the tunnel endpoint, and then from the endpoint to
the final host.

	3) To improve outgoing latency, some people will just send out
packets from their tunneled IP Addresses.  Unfortunately, some ISPs
have begun to implement egress filters that block 'foreign' addresses,
forcing you to take on that added latency.

-derek