RE: ICMP in IPSec

Minor Nit:

> There is a new
> experimental protocol called "Explicit Congestion Notification". If it
> is ever embraced by the IPSec community, some people may wish to examine
> how to make it work in this scenario.  But as for now, ECN will not be
> considered.

Actually ECN is not a concern in this context because ECN is based on flags
in the existing TCP and IP headers, and does not use ICMP.  See RFC 2481
for more details.  ECN-ipsec interaction only shows up in tunnel mode,
and is covered by a current I-D, draft-ipsec-ecn-00.txt.

--David

David L. Black, Senior Technologist
+1 (508) 435-1000 x75140, FAX: +1 (508) 497-6909
black_david@emc.com