Re: Weak Crypto in Phase 1

I have seen this before, originally thought it was essentially because
people didn't think it mattered, or in fact hadn't thought about it
or, their IKE parameters were hard-coded.

In Minneapolis, I had a partial conversation with Hillarie (sp?) regarding
this and I got the impression that the nature of the Phase 1 as opposed to
Phase 2 exchanges might be constructed such that the crypto strength
mismatch might not be a problem.

Since (in some sort of curious justice-conserving twist of fate) she now
works for an IPsec implementor (Novell) maybe she's on the list and can
speak to this...

On Tue, 18 May 1999, Will Price wrote:

Follow-Ups: References: