Re: Weak Crypto in Phase 1

Rodney Thayer wrote:

> I have seen this before, originally thought it was essentially because
> people didn't think it mattered, or in fact hadn't thought about it
> or, their IKE parameters were hard-coded.
>
> In Minneapolis, I had a partial conversation with Hillarie (sp?) regarding
> this and I got the impression that the nature of the Phase 1 as opposed to
> Phase 2 exchanges might be constructed such that the crypto strength
> mismatch might not be a problem.

Of course if you use PFS in Phase 2 then you are better protected, but I
wouldn't rely too much on that.
begin:vcard
n:Zegman;Tamir
tel;fax:+972-3-5759256
tel;work:+972-3-7534606
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:www.checkpoint.com
org:Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.;Encryption group
adr:;;3A Jabotinsky St., Diamond Tower;Ramat-Gan;;52520;ISRAEL
version:2.1
email;internet:zegman@checkpoint.com
title:Software engineer
fn:Tamir Zegman