Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt (long)

  That's why it's a SHOULD not a MUST.

  People can continue to refuse offers of encryption algorithms with a
longer key length if they wish. They could even panic their box upon receipt
of such an offer and they would still be RFC-compliant! I just want to
expressly state that it's OK to accept things that can be perceived as
being more secure for attributes whose values can be a range since some
people thought that that was not allowed.

  I'm not legislating any behavior.

  Dan.

On Wed, 02 Jun 1999 11:40:34 EDT you wrote