RE: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt (long)

>So I'll add such text and remove the lifetime discussion from 3.2.
>I will leave the SHOULD language for "negotiating up" the following:

I'd prefer to have it be a MAY because if A can successfully
initiate with B,  B SHOULD be able to successfully initiate
with A and more often than not "negotiating up" will only allow
successful initiations from the stronger side.

Of course this could be handled by the weaker side maintaining
a "negotiated up" database to be consulted before rekeys that
it initiates and in the initial contact case every possible
combination of "stronger" attributes could be offered (but for
group selection this will only work for Main Mode and not
Quick Mode).

-dave