RE: A question on SA establishment in RFC 2408

Even if the responder kept the original proposal # and transform #, wouldn't
it be prudent to check that they match the contents of those that the
initiator sent?

If so, what's the point of keeping the numbers the same? (Other than a
faster lookup for comparison?) You still have to check the contents of the
returned proposal against your policy again anyway...

Or is this too paranoid?

---
Tim Jenkins                       TimeStep Corporation
tjenkins@timestep.com          http://www.timestep.com
(613) 599-3610 x4304               Fax: (613) 599-3617