Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt

 Dan> I guess it would. But that's not what I'm talking about. The
 Dan> text addresses attributes whose values can be of variable
 Dan> length. So that's Blowfish's key length, Hasty Pudding's block
 Dan> length, or Diffie-Hellman groups of the same type. DES vs. 3DES
 Dan> or SHA vs. MD5 or some distinct invariate algorithm vs. some
 Dan> another distinct invariate algorithm is not what is being
 Dan> discussed.

Hm, I had thought of DES and 3DES to be key-length variants.  That's
not literally true of course, but close.

So I would think that the same action (i.e., "negotiate up") should be
allowed in that case.  I assume you didn't mean to exclude it; if you
don't want to recommend it as much as you're doing for Blowfish etc.,
that's fine.

	paul

Follow-Ups: References: