Re: What's the attribute value for group generator (MODP) ?

Kalyan Chakravarthy Bade wrote:

> Actually, I am looking for the Group Generator class which is not
> there in the Appendix A of the draft. How do  I negotiate a generator
> value when there is no class defined for that ?
>
> There are two other classes for generators, group generator One and two
> which are used for elliptic curve groups. Can I reuse one of them ? if not,
> what should be the class I need to fill when negotiating group generator for
> MODP ?
>
> Kalyan.

I'm not sure I understand what you're looking for, based on what you're
saying here, but I'll take a shot, and someone will correct me if I'm
wrong. I *think* that if you are using a modp group, you want to use
group generator one (value 7) as the attribute class ID, followed by the
generator value. I agree that there should probably be some more
descriptive text in the appendix.

Scott