RE: RFC2409

First off, I agree there is no attack.  PKI relies on trust.  C has breached
trust.  He may as well have just created a set of SA's with each party and
forwarded the information between the two pipes.

I think one of the more curious features of C's behaviour is that it doesn't
actually yield the shared keys to him!  Given that he just forwards the
public KE between the parties, he won't actually be able to recreate the DH
shared secret.  If DSA were being used then the first phase wouldn't
complete.  As it is, they will be problems later, eg if AH is used...

Chris