Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt (long)

On Mon, 14 Jun 1999 15:01:11 PDT you wrote

> Changing the wording to a MUST forces people to accept key lengths they may n
>ot
> want, for whatever reason.  It also forces implementations wishing to provide
> their customers with authoritative policy control to "break" with the standar
>d.

No it doesn't. This is the difference between mandating support vs mandating
use. We don't mandate use. As I said earlier, we require that all IPSec
implementations provide for manually keying SAs. That doesn't mean that
all IPSec SAs have to be created manually.

  Dan.

Follow-Ups: References: