Re: using por numbers in selectors

"Steven M. Bellovin" wrote:

> Do any commercial IPSEC implementations use port numbers in their
> policy databases?  The ones I've looked at this far seem to use only
> IP addresses.

Do commercial IPSEC implementations use policy databases separate from
the IP filter databases?  I'd figured that the policy database was just
a glorified IP filter database and thus would indeed also have port
numbers and TCP flags.  Or am I confused?
--
      The opinions expressed in this message are my personal
      opinion and in no way reflect the views of my employer.