Re: using por numbers in selectors

  I may regret opening this up again but....

  So what are you going to do if you're locally configured for, say,
"all tcp traffic" or "all IP traffic" and someone gives you an offer
of "tcp port X"? Refuse it?

  Similarly, what do you do if you're configured for "all IP to the
10.20.30/24 network" and someone gives you an offer to 10.20.30.87?
Do you refuse it?

  Dan.

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999 10:16:40 PDT you wrote
> "Steven M. Bellovin" wrote:
> >
> > Do any commercial IPSEC implementations use port numbers in their
> > policy databases?  The ones I've looked at this far seem to use only
> > IP addresses.
>
> RedCreek will be supporting ports in an upcoming release.

Follow-Ups: References: