Re: draft-ietf-ipsec-notifymsg-00.txt (long)

Hi Scott,

	One minor clarification:

>> >2.30 UNEQUAL-PAYLOAD-LENGTHS
>> >
>> > The UNEQUAL-PAYLOAD-LENGTHS error message may be used to communicate
>> > that message length in the ISAKMP header does not match the sum of
>> > the actual payload lengths.
>>
>> This also applies in the case where the message length in the ISAKMP
>> header
>> does not match the length of the message that was actually received.
>> It should
>> probably also apply to other length-related anomalies.
>>

>I don't understand the difference between the text and what you say
>here. Please clarify.

The 2 cases that I think this message should cover are:
1) The message length in the ISAKMP header accurately reflects the total
size of the received packet, but the sum of the individual payload lengths
(in the Generic Payload Headers) does not match the total message length.
(This often happens when a packet does not decrypt properly - IV problems,
etc.)
2) The message length in the ISAKMP header does not match the size of the
received packet.

Sheila

Follow-Ups: References: