Re: using por numbers in selectors

>>>>> "Ricky" == Ricky Charlet <rcharlet@redcreek.com> writes:

 Ricky> We implementors also have an interoperability issue to solve,
 Ricky> should we force intermediate reassembly (in order to look at
 Ricky> ports) on the ingress or egress end of the tunnel (or both)?

Neither.  This is just not a reasonable thing to do in high
performance devices.  As I pointed out, it's not a solution anyway,
because intermediate nodes can't reliably do reassembly, ever.

Note also that the problem is fixed in IPv6... :-)

	paul