Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt

> > A more secure solution is to include both SAi_b and SAr_b in HASH_I
> > and HASH_R.
>
> That would be one way to fix this problem. Anyways I don't think this
> is serious enough problem to modify IKE 1.0 protocol now. We can fix
> this and other problems later when we start thinking about next
> version of IKE.

I believe that the current typo SAi_b instead of SAr_b inside HASH_R
needs to be corrected now even if other corrections (such as the ones
suggested by Tero and by myself) will have to wait to a more thorough
revision (and better done earlier than never).

The above typo may not be fatal but reflects bad in the IKE's spec,
and it is definitely open to PR-attacks (this a new typo of cryptographic
attack that many like these days; PR stands for "public-relations"...)

Hugo

Follow-Ups: References: