Re: Comments on draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt

Hugo Krawczyk writes:
> I believe that the current typo SAi_b instead of SAr_b inside HASH_R
> needs to be corrected now even if other corrections (such as the ones
> suggested by Tero and by myself) will have to wait to a more thorough
> revision (and better done earlier than never).

Because that would make all the current RFC complient versions
incompatible, I don't think we can make such changes now. If we do
that modification we have to change the version numbers also (either
in the IKE transform ID number or the minor number of IKE protocol).

> The above typo may not be fatal but reflects bad in the IKE's spec,
> and it is definitely open to PR-attacks (this a new typo of cryptographic
> attack that many like these days; PR stands for "public-relations"...)

I think we have to live with that until we get new version of IKE
protocol out.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/