Re: new second mandatory IPsec cipher

In message <3.0.6.32.19990714094912.00897100@127.0.0.1>, Rodney Thayer writes:

>Blowfish setup time is really an issue.  I also don't buy the "it takes a
>lot of
>memory per context" argument, myself, but there are memory-challenged
>implementations where this is an issue.

Depends how many SAs you are going to have; for example, we have done
experiments with 20K SAs simultaneously active, and they take *a lot*
of memory (in the order of 80M, when all's said and done). Some people
are looking at about 100K SAs on a box for some operations, for a lot
of boxes. Memory's cheap, but chances are they won't use blowfish as
the default algorithm.
-Angelos