IP tunnel over a NAT (IP masq) possible ?

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem: I have a machine behind a NAT performing
one-to-many address translation (inside: Net 10. outside: only one IP
addr). What i would like to do is to set a IP tunnel from one of the
inside machines (the "client") to a remote machine (i.e. beyond NAT)
(the "server"). Such that after the tunnel setup the inside machine
appears to be virtually attached to the remote net.

Requirements:
-As it is implied, I don't have administrative control over the NAT
(otherwise e.g. i could simply attach the client beyond it and use
`oridnary` IP tunneling)
-The tunnel is encrypted  (overhead issues irrelevant for the time being)
-The tunnel is set on-demand, in a client-server fashion (e.g. tunneling
over a TCP connection).
-The operating system: Linux

Any ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Florian

P.S: Maybe this were not the most appropriate forums were to ask. If
that is the case, appologies in advance. Any hint in this respect will
be appreciated.