Processing multiple phase 2 SA payloads

Heyman, Michael writes:
> The document does not specify that the SA payloads returning to the
> initiator are in the same order as the SA payloads transmitted (they

RFC 2409 doesn't seem to state that, but I think that is only way to
get it working. I think we should add text to draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-xx
to say that.

> If the responder must send the SA payload responses back in the same
> order that the SA payloads they were derived from were received, does
> that mean that the negotiation must proceed all or nothing? That is,

I would say yes. All or nothing.

> A new attribute could be defined with the sole purpose of
> distinguishing otherwise identical transforms (this attribute must
> have a different value every time it is used).

I think it is easier to just clarify the draft, and add text saying
that the reply SA payloads must be in same order than the proposal SA
payloads.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/