Re: weakness in IKE/DOI specs

Daniel Fox writes:
> If we need bigger numbers, we can simply add a new SA Life Type of, say,
> days or GB.  I think that 32 bits is more than enough granularity.

Which will mean that all current distributed products must be updated
to support that. It is quite easy to write a code to support 64 bit
numbers initially (in our code I need to change something like 20
lines of code (c-compiler must have support for 64 bit integers)).

I don't really think it is good idea to add new life types for that
kind of things.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/