Re: Retransmits in traffic count?

Ricky Charlet writes:
> 	I am curious why you think that it does not make sense to count
> retranmits against the SA lifetime in IKE. If you counted the first
> packet (not a retransmit) then why not count the retransmits. All the QM
> negotiations are traveling under the protection of a particular phase
> one SA.

Because the retransmission packets are identical to the original
packets. There is no reason to count them to KB limit, because of
that (they do not offer attacker any new encrypted data to attack).
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/