Re: New XAUTH draft

  A policy decision? I guess everything could be called a policy decision
but we're trying to build _secure_ protocols here. No one is being stopped
from doing something insecure. If they're happy with insecurity (e.g. if
they have a stated policy that an unauthenticated Diffie-Hellman is fine)
they can do it without IKE. And there are other examples of mandating secure
behavior (which could easily be called "a policy decision") in our various
documents so I don't see this restrictive.

  What do you gain by allowing patently insecure use of a security protocol?

  Dan.

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999 13:36:53 BST you wrote