Re: New XAUTH draft

    Tamir> Actually I think I can give you such an attack.  Assume that paul
    Tamir> and Daniel have the same shared key to connect to Security Gateway
    Tamir> (SG).  Daniel can mount a simple man in the middle attack - When
    Tamir> Paul tries to connect to SG, Daniel spoofs the SG and

  No need for IPsec to do this attack.

  This attack was demonstrated years ago on multiple token authentication
systems used to "secure" telnet connections. This attack is inherent in
token authentication systems that only authenticates only the client to the
server, and not the server to the client.
  There are challenge/response systems (some can involve tokens) that do
not have this property that XAUTH could mediate.

  Dan, I have a question (even though I've been trying hard to delete every
message that says "XAUTH" or "Hybrid" in it), do *you* prefer hybrid to XAUTH?

] Train travel features AC outlets with no take-off restrictions|  firewalls  [