Re: New XAUTH draft

I've heard this "hybrid vs. XAUTH" thing a couple of times now and I would
like to dispel it.  As Tamir would probably agree, Hybrid isn't a competitor
to XAUTH and it isn't one or the other, they are complementary.  XAUTH is
actually used within Hybrid.  XAUTH uses the already established
authentication mechanisms of IKE while Hybrid establishes its own "hybrid"
authentication schemes.  Hybrid is invaluable when only the server has a
certificate and the client does not.  For the actual legacy authentication
process, Hybrid uses XAUTH.

I guess the question for this thread is should XAUTH be allowed with shared
secret authentication or should it mandate that it only be used with
certificate-based authentication (RSA/enc, RSA/sig & DSA/enc) ?