Re: anti-replay protection without IKE

The reason manual tunnels are not supposed to do replay protection
is because there is no way to resync the replay counter if
one side goes down.  The spec also specifies that the replay counter
may not roll over to 0.  If there are other rekeying mechanisms to
address these 2 issues, replay protection is not a problem.

Perhaps some text should be added to the draft so that the reasons
are known and developers can decide if they have an alternate
mechanism for restarting the sequence counters.

Jackie

--
Jacqueline Wilson          | Phn:  (512) 838-2702
IBM, AIX/6000              | Fax:  (512) 838-3509