Re: comments on the latest GSSAPI draft changes

  Brian,

  Those are from the "private use" range anyway which is what drafts are
supposed to use. This is to flush out any problems with the protocol.
If and when the draft is advanced it will be assigned real numbers by
IANA. So if and when that happens you'll have interop problems with NT*
or any other implementation that is shipping with code written to a
draft. Note that XAUTH also claims use of 65001-65010.

  Internet Drafts are working documents and it is foolhardy to ship
code based on them. This is the price you pay if you do.

  Dan.

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:21:55 PDT you wrote