Re: PPP over IPSec (without L2TP)?

Ari,

You might want to take a look at <draft-ietf-pppext-secure-ra-00.txt>,
titled "Secure Remote Access with L2TP". This takes a different tack from
using IPsec to protect L2TP traffic between a LAC and an LNS.

The draft essentially recommends using PPP over IPsec, while using L2TP to
tunnel PPP packets over the internet. Such a scheme, I believe, is a
beneficiary of the advantages of both L2TP and IPsec, while also providing
end-to-end security using existing standards.

regards,
suresh

=====