IKE authentication method details

Hi,
I'm new to IPsec and was looking at the IKE document
<draft-ietf-ipsec-ike-01.txt> regarding the authentication methods. Seven
methods are listed on page 41, but I didn't see references on how to implement,
in detail, these methods. For example, method 3 is "RSA signatures", but there
are many ways of implementing RSA signatures, depending on how the formatting is
done, whether there is message recovery, etc. Similar issues occur for the other
methods. Can someone tell me where are the pointers from the IKE specification
to the authentication method specifications?

thanks,
Paul