Re: PPP over IPSec (without L2TP)?

David Chen wrote:

> >So, please show me what benefits PPP over L2TP over IPSec provides when
> >compared
> >to just running PPP over IPSec? If there are some, which is possible,
> >wouldn't it be
> >better to enhance IPSec protocol(s) to enable the same, instead of having
> >L2TP?

It is better, if IPSec has all PPP features.
Why bother with L2TP? If you like to "enhance IPSec protocol(s)"
--- David

I don't "like to enhance IPSec protocol(s)". Instead I would
"like to solve real world problems with the least possible effort".
In my view L2TP is wasted effort, if the only purpose of using
it is to get PPP on top of IPSec. For other purposes it's fine.

BTW, I don't particularly like my private emails to be forwarded
to 'official' mailing lists without my permission..

--
Ari Huttunen                   phone: +358 9 859 900
Senior Software Engineer       fax  : +358 9 8599 0452

Data Fellows Corporation       http://www.DataFellows.com

F-Secure products: Integrated Solutions for Enterprise Security