Re: CRACK

Waters, Stephen writes:
> Hi Dan,
>
> Looks good.
>
> Where did CRACK come from? A dubious name in a security protocol.
>
> Can the client's private/public key be unique for each connection?

Sure.  But that would require an implementation+policy that would generate
a separate IKE SA for each connection.  If you connect frequently, I'm not
sure you would want that.

> For the case where the legacy authentication is something a typical client
> could deal with (password or chap-thing), should this support symmetric
> trust of the public keys used - e.g. the client trusts the gateway based on
> the client holding legacy authentication information for the server?

If the legacy authentication method is a password, IKE already supports
this (pre-shared key).  Also, these legacy authentication methods frequently
only authenticate the client.  What applications are you thinking of?

> Steve.

brian
briank@network-alchemy.com

Follow-Ups: References: