Re: Comments on CRACK

Stephane Beaulieu wrote:
> What would those be?
>
> I've heard...
>
> 1 - It encourages the use of weak pre-shared keys. - Perhaps, but this can
> easily be fixed in XAUTH.  I would still like to get a concensus on this.

This "easy" fix requires deployment of client certificates.

> 2 - It's too complicated to be secure... Please !

Prove to me that it's secure. Better review your predicate logic
first...

> 3 - Too much known plain text.  - All three proposals (XAUTH, CRACK, and ULA
> have know plain text.

None have the copious amounts of ASCII TEXT that xauth does. Some known
plaintext may be unavoidable, but xauth has a ridiculous amount.

> 4 - It's too tightly bound to Cfg.  Cfg is a simple protocol.  Why invent a
> new protocol when one already exist which meets your needs.

You mean dhcp, right?

Follow-Ups: References: