Initial Contact

I have a question about the Initial-Contact message:

>From the ipdoi rfc:

   4.6.3.3 INITIAL-CONTACT

   The INITIAL-CONTACT status message may be used when one side wishes
   to inform the other that this is the first SA being established with
   the remote system.

But, I would define INITIAL-CONTACT as "I dont have any other current
SAs with you" since I had thought it is used to distinguish between a
phase 1 rekey and a brand new phase 1.  The definition above lends
itself to ambiguity.

Can we get better wording for this useful feature?