Re: IKE negotiation/rekeying problem with RSIP

    Gabriel> "Tero Kivinen" <kivinen@ssh.fi> wrote:
    >> No, the DOI document is very clear that there is only two possible
    >> port numbers for ID payload, any (== zero), or 500. If you use port
    >> ANY (== zero), then you may also use any port you want.

    Gabriel> cool. thanks for clearing that up. how common (beyond the
    Gabriel> testing sites) is this capability of using other-than-port-500
    Gabriel> in commercial ipsec implementations?

  I want to emphasis that if you use other-than-port-500 in most
implementations then you use it for both initiator and responder.
  IKE does *NOT* use the typical "swap src/dst port and reply" method
that one is used to.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>. PGP key available.

Follow-Ups: References: