Re: Public Key Encryption Authentication

Tero Kivinen wrote:

> Kim Edwards writes:
> > Is anyone using this authentication method in their implementations?
>
> Yes. We are supporting it. Also our test-site (isakmp-test.ssh.fi)
> supports it.
>
> > Assuming you are using RSA public keys, what key format does your
> > interface accept?
>
> Normally we use normal X.509 certificates.

So do we.

I was thinking more on the line of negotiating with an implementation
that can only support the authentication with public key encryption (
i.e. it does not have a CA or access to certificates ).  When this
implementation would generate an RSA public key pair, what is the common
format to pass the public portion to another party?

---
Kim Edwards <kimed@nortelnetworks.com>
ILS Software Engineer, Nortel Networks
(613)765-8551