Re: Phase 1 Re-keying Implementation Identification

Do we have requirements on _when_ feature negotiation is needed?

For example, must we negotiate optional features during Phase 1 for
later use during the creation of the Phase 1 SA? Or, can we negotiate
_after_ Phase 1 via something like Mode Config (aka IKECFG)?

I prefer something like Mode Config's additional Transaction Exchange
because it is secured by the Phase 1 SA and because it offers a moderately
rich set of operations and attributes. However, it won't let you affect
the creation of the Phase 1 SA.

-Ben McCann

--
Ben McCann                              Indus River Networks
                                        31 Nagog Park