Re: ISAKMP Configuration Method

Thanks for the information, but I'm still a little confused. In section
3.2 of the draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-mode-cfg-05.txt document, a description
of a "new payload is defined to carry attributes as well as the type of
transaction message". This payload would have to be referenced from the
previous payload's `Next Payload' identifier field, right?

  -brad

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Derrell D. Piper wrote:

> Brad,
>
> > After reading through this particular draft as well as searching through
> > the DOI, ISAKMP, and other rfcs and drafts, I am unable to find any value
> > mentioned for the `Next Payload' identifier for the ATTRIBUTE_PAYLOAD of a
> > transaction exchange. Is this specified somewhere else, or did I just
> > overlook it?
>
> The ISAKMP Attribute information is not encoded as a separate payload.
> Instead, it's basically appended to any of the defined payloads.  Its format
> is defined in Section 3.3 of RFC 2408.
>
> Derrell

Follow-Ups: References: