Re: IPSec SA DELETE in "dangling" implementation

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Slava Kavsan wrote:
> The issue still remains, though:
>
> "When deleting all SAs - in order to delete "orphan" IPSec SAs  - starting
> re-negotiation of IKE SA seems kinda silly when the goal is to kill all
> SAs."

If you want to be a nice net-citizen, and interoprate cleanly and robustly,
then you should renegotiate the phase 1 to securely let the other end know
that it should delete it's phase2's also. You can then proceed to also delete
your phase1 (after sending a delete for the same ;). Thus, you now have a
clean ending of all connections.

I don't really see a problem with this.

jan

 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847

Follow-Ups: References: