Re: IPSec SA DELETE in "dangling" implementation

I agree - non-graceful disconnect is not solvable without keep-alives, but I just
wanted a clean disengagement under normal circumstances, which will be an
overwhelming majority scenario.

My guess about keep-alives is that people (incl. myself) are busy implementing
proprietary keep-alive schemes and are reluctant to start a "keep-alive war" - it
is not a simple subject as it seems.

Also, some keep-alive schemes (.....) suggest sending keep-alives ONLY during
actual IPSec traffic to ensure dial-up inactivity timeouts and subsequent
auto-hang-up. This a good goal, but it doesn't solve the problem we discussing -
absence of traffic will mean baseness of keep-alives and therefore stale IPSec SAs
will remain undetected.

Follow-Ups: References: