Heartbeats (was RE: keepalives)

Just a nit, but if we really mean heartbeat, can we call it that?

A keep-alive to me is something that defeats the peer's inactivity time-out
detection mechanism, while a heartbeat is something that helps detect the
health of the peer. And a heartbeat shouldn't defeat inactivity detection,
either.

---
Tim Jenkins                       TimeStep Corporation
tjenkins@timestep.com          http://www.timestep.com
(613) 599-3610 x4304               Fax: (613) 599-3617