RE: IPSec SA DELETE in "dangling" implementation

Tim Jenkins writes:
> > If people are worried about being nice net citizens then use
> > the responder-
> > lifetime notify. It's very nice.
> I agree 100% that it's very nice. But the reality is that
> it is optional, so you cannot know 100% of the time that
> the peer supports it. So, if someone wants to be a nice
> net citizen, why would they say "screw you if you don't
> use the responder lifetime notify"?

s/responder lifetime notify/delete notifications/g

This same paragraph can be used when arguing about use of the delete
payloads. Both are optional, and you cannot be 100% sure that the
other end supports it.
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/