Re: IPSec SA DELETE in "dangling" implementation

Paul Koning writes:
> I don't think that works in general.  What would you ping?  The
> security gateway?

The host I want to check, i.e. normally the gateway.

> But the security policy for the SA may not have that address as an
> allowed (inner) address.

If I enable that kind of keep-alive, then it must be allowed, i.e. I
must make sure that the policy allows me to send packets to gw if I
want to use ping based keep-alive mechanism.

I think adding one policy rule is much easier, than making special IKE
notifications or something like that...
--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/