RE: Heartbeats (was RE: keepalives)

Andrew Krywaniuk writes:
> How about, to get this discussion going, I suggest a format and you (the
> list) tell me if it seems appropriate. I can put this in a draft if there is
> interest in standardization.

Good. I think the formats you suggested and text was ok, and I think
you should make a draft about that. I think it might be good idea to
write two drafts, one for the phase 1 SA heartbeats (if it is even
needed?) and another for the phase 2 SA heartbeats.

I think the the draft should include both host-referenced (usually
VPNs or host-to-host IPsec connections), and SA-referenced (dialup, or
remote users).

I think it is easy to make the host-referenced as an subset of the
SA-referenced, thus it is just some special case of the SA-referenced
(what it does, it normally disables the per SA heartbeats, unless
explicitly requested).

--
kivinen@iki.fi                               Work : +358-9-4354 3218
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/