Re: matching GW addr to ID payload (fwd)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999, Slava Kavsan wrote:
> "CHINNA N.R. PELLACURU" wrote:
>
> > Is this acceptable, or should we enforce that ID and the IP address used
> > should be equal?
>
> I would say yes in the case when ID Payload contains IP Address type.
> But we should also allow to have ID Payload to contain FQDN type (and other
> non-IP IDs) and is use it to select the Policy entry.

So if you can't check the FQDN ID type, why would you bother checking the
IDV4 ID type?

What do you gain by this?

jan
 --
Jan Vilhuber                                            vilhuber@cisco.com
Cisco Systems, San Jose                                     (408) 527-0847