Re: Heartbeats (was RE: keepalives)

    Bronislav> If gateway protects internal subnet 199.34.57.0/255.255.255.0
    Bronislav> and has internal address 199.34.57 27 - how Client would know
    Bronislav> this internal gateway address in order to ping it?  Do you

  My opinion is that clients don't do heartbeats, since they don't have 2000
SAs that they want to track.

    Bronislav> suggest have this configure this address in the Policy? I bet
    Bronislav> you will not find to many product that do this - most (if not
    Bronislav> all) only know the gateway by it's external address.

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: <A HREF="http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/People/Michael_Richardson/Bio.html">mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca</A>. PGP key available.

Follow-Ups: References: