RE: IKE and tunneling

Henry,

Thank you for the rapid response!

I have a second question: If an IPSec session goes down because of a
connection being lost or for some other reason, once communications are
re-established between the two hosts through either the same or different
pathways, does a new SA have to be negotiated?   Can I immediately begin
speaking IPSec again, or must I speak IKE first to establish the parameters
with which to build an IPSec SA again?

Elliott T Dorham, LT., USN
Naval Postgraduate School
Information Systems Technology, Code 32