Re: A problem with public key encrption in IKE

Pau,

> Having two forms of public key encryption modes came from some
> miscommunication we (I, Hugo and Ran) had with Dan.

these two modes are NOT  the result of  miscommunication with Dan.
The original mode was taken by Dan from the Oakley draft
which was Hilarie's implementation of the PK encryption
mode of SKEME.

The revised mode is more in line with what I had in mind when
designing SKEME. Especially, the fact that it uses a single costly
encryption-decryption operation at each party rather than two.

Hugo