Bruce Schneier on IPsec

fyi,

http://www.counterpane.com/ipsec.pdf
http://www.counterpane.com/ipsec.ps.zip

	"IPsec was a great disappointment to us. Given the quality
	of the people that worked on it and the time that was spent
	on it, we expected a much better result. We are not alone
	in this opinion; from various discussions with the people
	involved, we learned that virtually nobody is satised with
	the process or the result. The development of IPsec seems
	to have been burdened by the committee process that it was
	forced to use, and it shows in the results.

	[...]

	Thus, no IPsec system will achieve the goal of providing a
	high level of security."