Re: pfs support

Supporting PFS involves:

1. Doing a second key exchange with DH in Phase 2
2. Deleting the Phase 1 SA immediately after the Phase 2 to dispose of the
key material involved

Obviously, step 2 is not going to work very well unless both parties send
and interpret Delete notifications.  Inconsistent implementation of Delete
notifications is the single biggest interop issue I see in other
implementations.  Lack of support for Initial Contact notifications would
be the second.  If you didn't send a Delete notification when you deleted
your Phase 1 SA, it's understandable that the other side would do what
you're seeing because implementation of #2 above seems to be fairly inconsistent.

--

Will Price, Architect/Sr. Mgr., PGP Client Products
Total Network Security Division

Follow-Ups: References: