Re: Bruce Schneier on IPsec

>>>>> "Hilarie" == Hilarie Orman <HORMAN@novell.com> writes:

 Hilarie> I'm not sure that this list is the place to discuss the
 Hilarie> process of developing security protocols, but I'd be
 Hilarie> interested in participating in an appropriate mailing list,
 Hilarie> should anyone set one up.

While I sympathize with Bruce and Niels's dissatisfaction with the
committee based process, I see no particular advantage in discussing
that.  For better or worse, that's the IETF process.  If enough people
feel strongly enough that *that* is what has to change in order to
have a good security protocol, they will just have to set up something
different in another setting and run with it.

On the other hand, if you ignore that one cosmic question, there are
numerous comments in that paper that are far more concrete and *are*
things that can constructively be (re)considered here.  I'm all for
seeing that happen.  Especially since some implementation experience
has been accumulated by now, so we can re-examine things like whether
AH is worth having in that light.

	paul